Wyoming Business Name Search
Wyoming business name search or company search, can be done online for free. One way to find out if an llc name is available is to perform an llc name search. You can also do a trademark search at the same place you do a corporation name search. There are a few things you need to know before you perform a search on Wyoming LLCs and Wyoming Corporations. The state guidelines are as followed as “tips”:
- The user is responsible for searching for both singular and plural versions of a name. For example, if you are searching for “Red Wagons” be sure to search the singular form of the name, too. If either name is found, the name is not available.
- The name availability search disregards spaces, punctuation and capitalization.
- When you receive search results, those results might include records with a status of “Inactive ‐ Administratively Dissolved” or “Inactive ‐ Revoked.” The name of an entity for which the status is Inactive is available if the sub‐status is “Archived.”
- What is distinguishable? In most cases, distinguishable is as simple as a letter or number which makes a name different than an existing record. However, there are some words that are not considered distinguishable. Non‐distinguishable words include:
- Punctuation Plural forms of words
- Company designations such as “LLC”, “Inc.”, “Company”, “Co” etc.
For example: The name “A Red Wagon LLC” would be considered the same as “Red Wagon Inc.”
Wyoming LLC Name and Corporation Name Search
Perform the filing name search in Wyoming for a Wyoming Limited Liability name or Wyoming Corporation name here: https://wyobiz.wy.gov/Business/FilingSearch.aspx
Be sure to follow the tips above when performing your Wyoming business name search. If you are unsure about a filing name choice, please contact the Wyoming Secretary of State business division to get help with your questions. Their contact information in below.
Wyoming Secretary of State Business Division
2020 Carey Avenue, Suite 700 Cheyenne, WY 82002‐0020